North Cascades Crew provides a fun, safe and positive environment for kids to learn the sport of rowing.
Rowing for all levels – novice to varsity, for boys and girls ages 13-18.
Our professional coaching staff provides excellent land and water training. We are pleased to be located at the Joe Rantz Boathouse at Davies Park in Lake Stevens.
- Coaching for all skill levels from beginner to JV and Varsity competition
- Professional coaching by masters and collegiate, rowers with experience at the regional and national level. USRowing Level 1 and/or 2 certification
- High School Varsity Athletic Letter in Rowing in Spring Season possible for competitive crew
- Have fun, make friends, and enjoy the great outdoors!
- NCC coaches adhere to USRowing SafeSport policies
- Registration is limited – don’t delay – register today!
Learn More about our upcoming Rowing Session
Unsure if Junior Rowing is for you or your teen?
We will have a Try Rowing day on the first day of most seasons!
Please email us to save a seat. Parents will need to sign some forms and can watch from shore.
Meet our Juniors Head Coach! Ben McIsaac
Ben McIsaac started rowing in march 2002 on beautiful Lake Stevens. He started competing in the Spring of 2002 and hasn’t stopped competing since. He has attended every US Rowing Masters Regional Championship since 2003 and has competed in numerous US Rowing Masters National Championships and Canadian Masters Championships.
Coaching/Teaching Experience – Ben is working on the final certifications for the US Rowing Foundation Level 2 Coach Training. He is currently mentoring with other rowing club coaches as part of this certification. Ben was also a Combat Skills instructional trainer in the Navy, a Forklift Certification trainer in the construction industry and has coached several Learn to Row sessions at NCC.
Many medals have been awarded to Ben over these years including some highlights:
- Gold Medal – Canadian Championships – Mixed 2x
- Gold Medal – US Masters Regionals – Mens 4x, Mens 2x
- Silver Medal – US Masters Regionals – Mens 4x, Mens 2x, 1x, Mens 2+
- Bronze Medal – Canadian Championships – Mixed 8+
- Bronze Medal – US Masters Regionals – Mens 4x, Mens 2x, 1x
- Numerous medals from Gold to Bronze in races from 2003 to present